Friday, June 29, 2012

Healthy Home - My Recipe for All Purpose Cleaner


I try to keep my house as free of toxic chemicals as possible, and I'm cheap so this recipe is a perfect fit for me.

It's an adaption of the one on Gorgeously Green. Check out her web site. It’s awesome! I don’t like tea tree oil, and borax bothers my allergies, so this is how I make my own APC.

Ingredients:
  • 1, 32 oz spray bottle (You can get these at the dollar store)
  • 2 cups of water
  •   ¾ cup white distilled vinegar
  • ¾ cup hydrogen peroxide (3% solution)
  •  1 teaspoon of Castile soap (any dish soap will work but Castile creates less suds)
  • 30 drops lavender essential oil
  •  20 drops lemon essential oil
  • 20 drops orange essential oil

Just pour all of the ingredients into the bottle and shake.

Shake before use

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'll definitely try this! I don't like to use toxic cleaners, either. I bet it smells great!!

    Daydreaming Realist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. There's a hit of the vinegar when you spray it, but I don't really notice it so much anymore. The lavender and lemon really compliment each other. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

I love comments!

Share the love!!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...